Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blog Response: Ethanography Idea

It took me a while to try and think of what I would want to do a ethnography on, as I am interested in a lot of different areas of study but never actually gone through with my temptations. But if I would to do a ethnography on something, I think I would like to try it on gaming. I haven't been to many events and am not a 'pro gamer', but I have went once or twice to friend's events and the types of meetings and people they hold are really interesting. I would never have thought of a star athlete for A&M played a video game on the computer competitively. And although some people just look like typical geeky/energetic gamers the stereotype conveys, there are some really interesting characters there that don't mind being in the spotlight and frankly just being... weird. And there are also shy gamers as well that I have met. I would never have guessed they were gamers

If I were to suggest something to someone else it would be to do a study on foreign students transferring into A&M. Most students come here knowing no one, just trying to fit in and get an education. I found that a lot of them I have met have really interesting and motivating dreams. They inspire me because they worked so hard to get here and still managed to keep their dreams in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment